World Afro Day
Last week we celebrated World Afro Hair Day for the first time and we saw some stunning afros!
Children and adults from our diverse cultures embraced wearing their hair in braids, cornrows, space buns, bantu knots and beaded hairstyles.
We also enjoyed class assemblies, discussions and activities throughout the day.
World Afro Hair Day was started 5 years ago by Michelle De Leon to celebrate the history of, and to promote positivity towards, natural afro hairstyles.
Our children were adventurous and excited to see how versatile their hair is and to try different styles to showcase their different hair textures.
Thank you to our DPPS parents for helping to make it a special day for our school community.
- Reception Class Open Mornings
- Secondary Transfer
- Dates For Your Diary
- World Afro Day
- International Recipes
- Free Book Fair
- Mobile Phones in school
- Freeze Friday
- Windrush 75
- New School Uniform Supplier
- Red Nose Day 2023
- World Book Day – Please note amended date
- Lewisham Winter Holiday Programme of Food, Fun and Other Activities 2022
- Children In Need 2022
- School Photographer
- Christmas at Deptford Park
- Parent Governor Elections
- Parents Evening
- Our Tribute to Queen Elizabeth II.
- September Opening Details
- Look at our Playgrounds
- Maths Week – 25-29th April
- Green Team at Deptford Park
- Freeze Friday
- Jubilee Celebrations at Deptford Park
- Pre-Loved Uniform Sale
- World Book Day and Library Launch- Thursday 3rd March
- Fundraising for Ukraine
- International Mother Language Day
- Early Years Video Tour